Contact Empire and they had a sales rep out the next day (Saturday). He arrived on time, was polite, took measurements, selected the laminate floor, and received a price quote within two hours. Received a call the following Monday from Empire asking if I wanted to go ahead and have a financing representative drop by to finalize and schedule installation. When he came, I began to get that uneasy feeling when he said he needed to take measurements, and then I could pick out the flooring. Wait! I just spent two hours on Saturday doing this part. When I voiced concern, he told me there would not be any more hiccups, and even discounted the final price a bit. Feeling a bit better. He advised that installation would begin on Thursday and last through Saturday. I let him know I had a medical appointment Friday afternoon that could not be rescheduled, and the installation crew would need to accommodate. He let me know it was not an issue, and to tell the lead on the installation crew when they arrived.
Thursday came, the crew was on-time, and things seemed to be going very well. I let the lead know that Friday I had an appointment and they would need to break off two hours early. His response to me was that he comes in from Austin, does not work on Saturday, and would like to stay and work while I was at my appointment. What? First, I was told work was Thursday through Saturday. Second, stay and work in the home without me there? Don’t think so. I let him know I would do what I could, but the appointment could not be rescheduled.
Friday came, and progress on the floor was good. Until I reminded him of the appointment. Once I did, he said he needed to get the job finished that day, and needed to stay in the home whilst I was away. I then made it clear that I was not going to allow that, and that they needed to finish on Saturday. To which he responded again that he comes in from Austin, and needed to finish today. If not, he would have to come back Monday. So, I told him, Monday it is.
During the weekend I had time to evaluate the work being done, and was beginning to find small things I was not happy about. But, I held off until the work was done on Monday came and the work was supposedly completed. During my walkthrough I found many issues. First, they had to cut the front portion of each step to make the square. They were originally rounded off, which created an issue with laying the laminate flat. Understandable… However while cutting, the workers tore into my banister with their saw, chewing up the wood. When I brought it to the leads attention, his response was, “I did my best.” What??? Next, the reduction of the stair size left a hole in the wall between the stair and the molding. The lead told me he was not responsible for fixing or repairing that because it is part of the original stairs. What the…? You cut my stairs to accommodate the laminate, leaving a gaping hole!!!! The final straw was finding a two-and-a-half foot scratch deep into the laminate in the master bedroom. The lead said he had no more materials, and would fix after he ordered more at a later date.
Needless to say, I did not sign the final paperwork. I then called the main office and the lady who answered said she would contact the installation manager. I asked if she could have him call me because I had pictures and wanted to explain. To which she replied, “No. He will call the crew.” Really??? I’m the one who is having a not-so-good experience here. Not the crew. Needless to say, I have not received a call back from anyone. The lead seemed to want to appease me, but I’m not happy at all. Posting Images to show that lousy work.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
- Response time
What I disliked
- Customer service
- Reason of review:
- Both poor craftsmanship and bad customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Product or service
- Empire Today Rosewood Laminate Flooring
- Review category
- Household Services
You May Also Like
- "We had a rep come out 3 weeks before thanksgiving. Sold us laminate flooring and booked an appoinment for us. We were having a large job done. Ripping up old..."
- "We have a horrible icicle problem in the winter, according to Leaf Guard it's due to "heat loss". Our patio roof was added on after the house was built, there's..."
- "My open letter to the CEO. How long are you going to ignore this? I sent you a certified letter, which has gone ignored. My family can't afford to lose..."
- "In Oct 2012they did liposuction and we are in 2014 and have bad results I have sinking spots like potholes.. my husband says they messed up my stomach. he..."
- "I purchased a vehicle from DriveTime in February 2011. I didn't have good credit to go to a real dealership. I saw on the DriveTime website they financed anybody and..."
- "I purchased a CASHMERE sweater from Modlily. A week later, I received a cheap cotton knit sweatshirt. When I complained and sent pictures I was told, "our price..."
- "Bad water? DON"T BUY from AZTEC located in Saskatchewan Product is garbage, Service and Management is even worse! Takes months to get a service man and Hidden fees for Mileage..."
- "I ordered a pair of faxon canvas low sneakers that were navy blue and lime green. I was originally happy with the purchase and started to wear the shoes out...."
- "Got a car at Luton Airport GM while raining and couldn't check it thoroughly. When I returned it they found these scratches and charged me 688 GBP! And the GM..."