Empire Today - Unethical Sales Practices, Poor Quality, Terrible Customer Services
I am a homeowner who needed a quality upgrade to my existing carpeting as part of an effort to sell my house.I wanted something of good quality -- a step up from what was in the home -- that I would enjoy if my family and I ended up moving back into the home.
So this wasn't a case of putting anything in and we definitely didn't want "builder grade." The Empire Today salesperson was very critical of the old carpeting and made a big point of emphasizing that a sign of poor quality is being able to see the tracks of your feet on the carpeting. He even said our newer carpeting in the basement was of pretty poor quality for this reason. I was shown samples and advised (pressured) to take a particular brand of carpet. When I saw the finished product, I was distressed and hugely disappointed to discover that the capreting was of lower value than what the installers removed.
The installers even agreed with me! Very cheap looking! I complained to customer service and the escalation process has been half-hearted and inconsistent. Two different conversations, no follow ups.
The last person I spoke with "at the local Georgia branch office" said she would talk to her manager and get back to me "within a few hours." That was a week ago. I also tried to contact the original salesperson and the customer service line said "they would try to connect me" and then they came back with a cryptic "He didn't answer." No option to contact him directly. I have never been so disgusted by a company in my life! There is no follow through, non-existent professionalism, and salespeople who are like phantoms - more than happy to feed you empty promises, only to disappear and leave you with a *** product and no recourse!
I will never recommend Empire to any of my friends or work colleagues. Empire invests in a lot of "show" and very little substance. Buyer beware. Picture below shows Empire's product and the photo to the right a piece of my existing carpeting removed from the home.
The installers employed by Empire even admitted that my old carpet "was a lot better quality." You judge!
More Review Details
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "We followed the manufacter instruction last year when we applied deck over to our old deck. The deck looked beautiful. After this passed winter and the beginning of summer the..."
- "We had Window World install new windows throughout our home in early 2011, choosing them because of the guarantee, price, and advertised energy savings. BIG MISTAKE!! I wish we would..."
- "Carpet install on (2) sets of 5 steps, pieced together, cut wrong, installed using 2 different methods, missing padding. Luxury vinyl tile install, installer cut new flooring on top of..."
- "Below are pictures, this residue was beginning to accumulate inside the suitcase after a few uses. Just took a longer trip and think the wheels are finally worn in..."
- "Ordered what appeared to be a beautiful arrangement for my God Childs first baby. It arrived and oh my, how dissapointing not to mention how embarrassed i was that something..."
- "I have been a LOYAL customer for years. Attached are two mugs I took into my local store. One cracked and the other mug's metal logo came off...."
- "I spent $161.92 for a 'deluxe' sugar and sweet bouquet and everyone's favorite candy basket with all the up charges to be delivered for my daughters sweet 16th birthday. It..."
- "Torrid products are wonderful but their poor/rude customer service is one that needs to be addressed (asap), Their shipping procedures have been nothing but a nightmare and a bunch of..."
- "Time after time. I go in to eat at the restaurant. A nice sit down meal, relax and enjoy dinner. 4x in 6 weeks I get a dinner before I..."