Empire Today - Unethical Sales Practices, Poor Quality, Terrible Customer Services

113 of 744 Empire Today reviews

I am a homeowner who needed a quality upgrade to my existing carpeting as part of an effort to sell my house.I wanted something of good quality -- a step up from what was in the home -- that I would enjoy if my family and I ended up moving back into the home.

So this wasn't a case of putting anything in and we definitely didn't want "builder grade." The Empire Today salesperson was very critical of the old carpeting and made a big point of emphasizing that a sign of poor quality is being able to see the tracks of your feet on the carpeting. He even said our newer carpeting in the basement was of pretty poor quality for this reason. I was shown samples and advised (pressured) to take a particular brand of carpet. When I saw the finished product, I was distressed and hugely disappointed to discover that the capreting was of lower value than what the installers removed.

The installers even agreed with me! Very cheap looking! I complained to customer service and the escalation process has been half-hearted and inconsistent. Two different conversations, no follow ups.

The last person I spoke with "at the local Georgia branch office" said she would talk to her manager and get back to me "within a few hours." That was a week ago. I also tried to contact the original salesperson and the customer service line said "they would try to connect me" and then they came back with a cryptic "He didn't answer." No option to contact him directly. I have never been so disgusted by a company in my life! There is no follow through, non-existent professionalism, and salespeople who are like phantoms - more than happy to feed you empty promises, only to disappear and leave you with a *** product and no recourse!

I will never recommend Empire to any of my friends or work colleagues. Empire invests in a lot of "show" and very little substance. Buyer beware. Picture below shows Empire's product and the photo to the right a piece of my existing carpeting removed from the home.

The installers employed by Empire even admitted that my old carpet "was a lot better quality." You judge!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Turnaround Time

Reason of review:
Not as described
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Alpine Valley
Review category
Household Services
review #848817

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Empire Today? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
113 of 744 Empire Today reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
ETCustomerSupport

May 16 #1159820

Dear Anne,
We are disappointed to hear that you are unhappy with your carpet purchase. We take your concerns seriously and want to learn more about this matter. We will be following up with you soon to discuss.
Thank you.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.