Empire Today - Unethical Sales Practices, Poor Quality, Terrible Customer Services
I am a homeowner who needed a quality upgrade to my existing carpeting as part of an effort to sell my house.I wanted something of good quality -- a step up from what was in the home -- that I would enjoy if my family and I ended up moving back into the home.
So this wasn't a case of putting anything in and we definitely didn't want "builder grade." The Empire Today salesperson was very critical of the old carpeting and made a big point of emphasizing that a sign of poor quality is being able to see the tracks of your feet on the carpeting. He even said our newer carpeting in the basement was of pretty poor quality for this reason. I was shown samples and advised (pressured) to take a particular brand of carpet. When I saw the finished product, I was distressed and hugely disappointed to discover that the capreting was of lower value than what the installers removed.
The installers even agreed with me! Very cheap looking! I complained to customer service and the escalation process has been half-hearted and inconsistent. Two different conversations, no follow ups.
The last person I spoke with "at the local Georgia branch office" said she would talk to her manager and get back to me "within a few hours." That was a week ago. I also tried to contact the original salesperson and the customer service line said "they would try to connect me" and then they came back with a cryptic "He didn't answer." No option to contact him directly. I have never been so disgusted by a company in my life! There is no follow through, non-existent professionalism, and salespeople who are like phantoms - more than happy to feed you empty promises, only to disappear and leave you with a *** product and no recourse!
I will never recommend Empire to any of my friends or work colleagues. Empire invests in a lot of "show" and very little substance. Buyer beware. Picture below shows Empire's product and the photo to the right a piece of my existing carpeting removed from the home.
The installers employed by Empire even admitted that my old carpet "was a lot better quality." You judge!
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "Avoid Empire-Today at all costs! I come from a unique perspective in that I worked as an Independent Sales Contractor for Empire for a year and a half. Unfortunately, I cannot..."
- "Ordered carpet for my whole house and on Saturday February 6th 930 am one worker showed up?? Unreal!! And left 830 pm!!! .. Nice worker guy and offered him..."
- "I ordered Frieze carpet from Empire. The sales guy specifically mentioned that Empire takes care of their customers. "One lady didn't like her carpet so Empire replaced it..."
- "Different people twice tried to send me funds via ClearXChange. Each time, I was asked to register, and then the link said my CapitalOne bank was a partner, and then..."
- "I Shashikant bhange had bought Skechers shoe go walk 3 on 16/03/2016 from Inc 5 store in Vimannagar pune.I used another spare shoes in rainy months. After that I used..."
- "I went to Aspen Dental to get dental services, I asked to have my tooth extracted one of the Dentist said I needed to have a Root Canal. I said..."
- "$20K order for modern home. - Front entry door - 2 - 42"x 96" doors and an accompanying transom. - Transom should have been 86" wide.... did not to think..."
- "Below are pictures, this residue was beginning to accumulate inside the suitcase after a few uses. Just took a longer trip and think the wheels are finally worn in..."
- "Ordered what appeared to be a beautiful arrangement for my God Childs first baby. It arrived and oh my, how dissapointing not to mention how embarrassed i was that something..."