Update added by user Feb 11
The employee handed me a form to sign that the work was completed and I did not provide my signature but wrote several notes.Then the worker handed me a blank form of the same form I wrote on.
What????I have no record of my original form...this is Empire Today's method of poor methods and customer service.
Original review posted by user Jan 12
Update Jan 12, 2016: Sean the salesman has yet to this day ever call me back (POS).On Jan 11th, I spoke with JT (customer service) and told her not to send out the same crew since they did a bad job and left my front yard dirty with saw dust and pieces of wood flooring.
She spoke with the installation manager and they said they would send a different crew out on Jan 12th. On the morning of Jan 12th, I receive a call from the same crew! OMG! I told them not to come out and I called JT back.
The installation manager John Judge wanted to talk to me and he wanted me to take a third day off from work so he could find another crew! Ridiculous! He did not want to spend extra money to gather up a new crew. This just goes to show you how they do not care about their customers.
No problem making a client lose wages from being out of work for 3 days due to their unprofessionalism, terrible customer service and complete lack of respect. If you have any intelligence whatsoever and have read this, I will only have to say that you are an *** if you use Empire Today.
I sat down with Empire Today's salesman, Sean D. Owen and decided to go with their 50/50/50 deal for installation of laminate floors in my master bedroom and office. After researching several other local companies, I believe this 50/50/50 deal is a scam.
My fault for not searching prior to going with this awful company. They were still more expensive than other quotes. With that said, the company arrived on a cold January 2016 day. Two of the three Mexican workers did not speak English.
Therefore, it made it difficult to communicate at the onset. They kept leaving my front door open after asking them to close the door multiple times. In addition, the electric saw was just outside the front door and was extremely loud. After the work was nearly done, the English speaking worker came to me and said they did not have enough boards.
I was flabbergasted. I immediately called Sean and he said, "I have some personal contacts and I will call you back." It has been several days and no one from Empire Today not even Sean has called me! Not one! Not even the salesman.
This shows how much they DO NOT care about their customers and how they only care about getting their money. Today, I receive an automated appointment via email and that I am scheduled for completion this Saturday! I won't be here and it is a "noreply" email! Now, for their work.
The quarter round work was awful. One section of quarter round came to a "point??!!" The transition boards were awful. There were gaps and overcuts. Here is what they did.
They filled the transition board gaps with white caulk! Unbelievable! They left my bedroom door dirty with their black gloves and dirty hands. It was awful.
Never ever use Empire Today due to their salesman's lack of professionalism and their workers lack of English speaking workers and more importantly, the extremely poor craftsmanship. It just goes to show that companies like this boast about they have been in business for so many years and great customer service - NOT! NEVER AGAIN Empire Today!
And, all of my facebook family and friends will know!I will use the power of social media!
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Dishonest pricing
- Time it is taking to get this job done
- Lack of caring
- Reason of review:
- see review, that says it all!
- Product or service
- Empire Today Hardwood Flooring
- Review category
- Household Services
You May Also Like
- "Having pool tiles removed and new ones placed plus acid wash today and tomorrow at a cost of over $5000. I have MANY pictures where the original tiles never made..."
- "I purchased a Southern Motion sectional Fusion in 2010. After the first year it started peeling. To see it now it looks like I have had it twenty..."
- "Carpet install on (2) sets of 5 steps, pieced together, cut wrong, installed using 2 different methods, missing padding. Luxury vinyl tile install, installer cut new flooring on top of..."
- "Ashley Home Furniture DOES NOT stand behind their products. I was sold a sofa and recliner that start crackling and peeling a year after I had purchased it. I..."
- "I had this page bookmarked in the event that we didn't close on our home. However, we closed after A LOT of bickering with the Mortgage Consultant, handholding, and..."
- "Paid the money up front as requested. Got the engine 3 days past time promised. Engine in horrible shape pics show broken parts and plastic pieces in cylinder heads. SW..."
- "Beware! I would not recommend Gateway Select Properties to anyone! The 'owner' Katherine Work is really a piece of Work! Do NOT, i repeat, DO NOT sign their faulty lease..."
- "I recently bought 2 numbers for overseas. The service was terrible. About 50% of the time I was getting either one-way connection (the other party was hearing me, but I..."
- "The delivery was a day late, first off. The greeting card was hand written with such poor penmanship, my wife had to text me to see what the card even..."