Review about Empire Today Laminate Flooring from Little Elm, Texas
SUPER LONG POST, SORRY.
Do not ever buy floors from empire today. They are scammers that will say anything to get the sale. My husband and I finally decided to get new floors. The woman talked us out of hardwood per we have dogs and children. She said the wood laminate would stand up to our daily lives. Not even 6 months and the floor looked horrible. Chips, scratches, gaps, bubbling, my baseboards were hacked. I was super paranoid about keeping our new floors nice so trust me, it was not from anything crazy. They are beyond a pain to clean because if you use anything they bubble. With two dogs that's awesome...
When I called empire today they said the would replace the damaged parts. But they said since it was more than one or two spots I would have to cover installation again. What???!!
She then said I could always walk around with a wood stain pen. Who wants to have to fill in chips when the floor wasn't even a year old?!
I finally got the BBB involved. Empire sent out two different people to "investigate". They took pictures and had agreed to give us credit for what we paid.
They came out and showed us even cheaper product that was supposed to be more durable. They informed me that it would only cost me $1600 above what we already paid for the original instal.
I asked why they were so much more expensive than everyone else? She said that if I could find less expensive that I should send her quotes.
I sent her 3 different company's quotes all on high grade hand scrapped flooring for way less than the cheap stuff they were saying was high end. She then told me it didn't matter what their price was. I asked why they had me send them and she said she had no clue?!
Since they had told the BBB that they were giving me full credit they closed the case as resolved. Since then I cannot get a call back. They are liar, scammers and now I am just out all that money and my floors look worse and worse everyday. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Btw it was almost $6000 grand I believe for a little over 600 sq. feet. It makes me so angry and upset. It has been a back and forth battle between 3-4 years..
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "On August 31st, my sink was clogged and i contacted Plumbing Rescue after my efforts to undrain the sink failed. They came out the same day and had to..."
- "They say that a picture tells a thousand words.... Just take a look at this. Empires professional floor installation. Instead of building up the floor after tile was removed they chose..."
- "Dear Tricam Industries and Tractor Supply, You are welcome to contact me to discuss the attached and below failure of your product.Model GW0865D-1 I will forward you all the pics..."
- "I bought Gates Energy Products Rechargeable NiCad batteries in approx. 1985 and they still take a charge to this day. They have never once leaked on me and are still..."
- "I am having many problems with Grand Homes in Frisco Hills community since they started framing my house - I signed a contract with Ms. Sheryl (Sales Manager at Frisco Hills)..."
- "I ordered my wife a jacket from ModLily .com in a 3XL and when it arrived, a week longer than promised, it barely fit my daughter who wears a medium...."
- "I am duly authorized by law, and duty bound as a Spiritual Master, to make statements in public to warn other people about harm or danger. This falls under Qualified..."
- "Many of the nay-sayers of this company are correct about the business practices. If you can get the product, especially the night cream, do it, but if just trying to..."
- "Ref: 00411547 About a year ago I returned a portion of a bottle of Tide as I found that a glue-like substance kept blocking my Whirlpool Duet liquid soap dispenser...."