Review about Empire Today Laminate Flooring from Little Elm, Texas
SUPER LONG POST, SORRY.
Do not ever buy floors from empire today. They are scammers that will say anything to get the sale. My husband and I finally decided to get new floors. The woman talked us out of hardwood per we have dogs and children. She said the wood laminate would stand up to our daily lives. Not even 6 months and the floor looked horrible. Chips, scratches, gaps, bubbling, my baseboards were hacked. I was super paranoid about keeping our new floors nice so trust me, it was not from anything crazy. They are beyond a pain to clean because if you use anything they bubble. With two dogs that's awesome...
When I called empire today they said the would replace the damaged parts. But they said since it was more than one or two spots I would have to cover installation again. What???!!
She then said I could always walk around with a wood stain pen. Who wants to have to fill in chips when the floor wasn't even a year old?!
I finally got the BBB involved. Empire sent out two different people to "investigate". They took pictures and had agreed to give us credit for what we paid.
They came out and showed us even cheaper product that was supposed to be more durable. They informed me that it would only cost me $1600 above what we already paid for the original instal.
I asked why they were so much more expensive than everyone else? She said that if I could find less expensive that I should send her quotes.
I sent her 3 different company's quotes all on high grade hand scrapped flooring for way less than the cheap stuff they were saying was high end. She then told me it didn't matter what their price was. I asked why they had me send them and she said she had no clue?!
Since they had told the BBB that they were giving me full credit they closed the case as resolved. Since then I cannot get a call back. They are liar, scammers and now I am just out all that money and my floors look worse and worse everyday. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Btw it was almost $6000 grand I believe for a little over 600 sq. feet. It makes me so angry and upset. It has been a back and forth battle between 3-4 years..
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
You May Also Like
- "That installments the worst job I've ever seen pictures will speak for themselves. We decided to cancel the contract after the work we seen after they flooded our kitchen..."
- "We followed the manufacter instruction last year when we applied deck over to our old deck. The deck looked beautiful. After this passed winter and the beginning of summer the..."
- "In January 2013, I had carpet installed in my three year old old. I now realized that I was taken advantage of, as the Empire Today carpet was not any..."
- "I'm not usually one to put businesses on blast on the internet BUT - Ridge Crossings Apartments is a joke of place to call a home, neighborhood, or property management..."
- "POSHMARK ALLOWS THE SELLING OF COUNTERFEIT MICHAEL KORS HANDBAGS! COUNTERFEITS ARE ILLEGAL TO BUY AND TO SELL! I WAS WARNED BY POSHMARK BECAUSE I WAS LETTING BUYERS KNOW WHICH BAGS..."
- "Our storage unit was broken into in October 2016 - the thief was caught in plain sight by my wife..."
- "I am having many problems with Grand Homes in Frisco Hills community since they started framing my house - I signed a contract with Ms. Sheryl (Sales Manager at Frisco Hills)..."
- "I ordered my wife a jacket from ModLily .com in a 3XL and when it arrived, a week longer than promised, it barely fit my daughter who wears a medium...."
- "I bought Gates Energy Products Rechargeable NiCad batteries in approx. 1985 and they still take a charge to this day. They have never once leaked on me and are still..."